Saturday, July 18, 2009

Chicago Trip

While my sister was here, we took an overnight trip to Grandma's house and to Chicago. On Thursday morning, I took the kids with my sister and her boys and my mom to Indiana to visit with my mom's family. We all met at my Uncle Jack's house on the farm. There were lots of kids who came to play. It was beautiful weather and very relaxing. We were able to visit with my cousins that we do not see very often. Afterwards, we headed to a hotel near my grandmother's condo. My dad, Bill, and Tom, drove out together and came to the hotel. We all met grandma for dinner at her favorite restaurant. The kids all sat a table by themselves and suprisingly behaved very well. We finished off the day with a movie in our room for the kids to settle down. On Friday morning, we checked out and drove up to The Museum of Science and Industry, in Chicago. It was a fun filled day. The kids really liked all the cool hands on exhibits that they had. Our kids all came to the conclusion that the Idea Factory was their favorite exhibit. The museum has so much to do, we did not even get to everything. I guess we will just have to go back sometime. However, we will pack a lunch next time and leave it in the car! We payed more for lunch in the museum than we do for all of us to eat dinner (steak dinners for Tom and I). We knew it would be pricey, but that is highway robbery!
After we left, the kids all fell asleep in the car. So we did not stop for dinner until we got back into town. We ate dinner at Culvers and the kids enjoyed some sundaes after dinner.

0 comments: